Tuesday, April 27, 2010

National Infertility Week

This week is National Infertility Week. And I just wanted to bring it to light. There are so many women facing this problem, and yet, no one talks about it. It's such a private battle and a painful one. To have the one thing you want so badly, that other people seem to achieve without a second thought, not come easily or at all to you is crushing. This is a disease that comes in so many forms and affects so many. It plays with your emotions, counting the months, counting the days, test after test. Negative after negative.
I know many people who are battling this, I'm not sure if I didn't have to fight my own battles to get here if I would have known about their battles. I still can't say, I know how you feel or what you are going through. Because everyones experience is different, and I could never fully understand how this is affecting you. But what I can say is I admire you. How you keep going, how you find happiness in everyday, and how you haven't let it destroy you. How every morning you get up and face the day and go through the process that you have to go through. Temping, pills, doctors appointments, shots. I truely admire you, and am your biggest cheerleader. And every night I pray for you, to find the light at the end of your tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment