Sunday, April 11, 2010

Surreal



That is the word that I use to explain this pregnancy. Maybe because I haven't been that sick (even though I do not remember one day in the first tri where I actually felt good) but I haven't really had any of the aches and pains everyone else seems to complain about. The worst part was the migranes in the beginning of the second tri, but they passed within 2 weeks. Yes, my feet are swollen when I come home from work, but normally after having them elevated for 30 minutes, they look almost normal. Yes, there are days when my back is sore, but it's not horrible.

It's just weird and different.  There have been days where I don't feel pregnant at all, and then I pass by a mirror or look down and it's like "Whoa!! What is that?!" It's like I didn't see the ending in sight, so it's like we are slowly preparing but, no real progress. But lately, for me, it seems to be changing.

I've come to realize it two months, I might be holding a baby. And I'm not ready. Mentally, yes, but he wouldn't have a lot of stuff. In fact, I need almost everything!  Little man has a crib and sheets, and some clothes, but that's it.  All of a sudden I feel rushed, I feel behind, but yet I don't know where to begin. So at the beginning of this week, I am going to get organized. I'm going to walk in that nursey and make a list and start doing, not just scanning the internet for cute things.

I'm not sure what has made me feel this way, maybe its the fact that I don't think he sleeps much anymore! He is always up kicking and moving, so there isn't a time where I am not thinking about him, because it's kind of hard to ignore the punches and jabs. Maybe it's the fact that the weather is starting to be nicer and reminding me of summer, and I know that means his arrival is right around the corner. It could be because our classes start soon at the hospital, or my maternity pics in two weeks, or that my shower invites went out. It's probably just all of these things, but I know for certainty now, that he is coming! And mommy and daddy need to start preparing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment