Sunday, June 6, 2010

37 weeks and Can't Sleep

So it's Sunday and I have been up since 5:30. Instead of just laying in bed, I figured that I would get up and get things done. Like Blog, since I haven't in awhile. What was keeping me up on a Sunday morning, work. Ugh. I'm so over it, and that place. Not sure if it is the pregnancy or if I need something different, but the thought of going there again makes me sick.

All in all the pregnancy is still going well. Baby is fine, so the sonogram went well. He is slightly larger then the average baby, where we gets that from, I have no clue. I guess I have been feeding him well!

I met with the head doctor at my practice the other day and asked him about exit plans, and he said he are just going to proceed like normal at this point. So I took it in my own hands to find out what can speed up labor! Found lots of suggestions online, the only 2 I am doing is walking and eating pineapple, hopefully those work. I'm thinking Tuesday would be a great day to go into labor!

It's not that I am completely uncomfortable and that is why I want the baby out, it's honestly because I don't want to work anymore. I really think I might snap if I go in there one more day!  My husband said it's become a public safety concern. . .he really isn't joking. You try working with 60 engineers. . .

Oh, and the burny pain at the top of my stomach is back.

How far along are you? 37 Weeks


Total Weight gain/loss? 156 pounds, and I'm not ashamed of posting that.

Stretch marks? Nope:)

Baby Movement? Around 9 at night he is really active. And he is strong! Sometimes I hold my belly when he is moving around almost in an attempt to keep him in there, it feels like he is trying to break out! Lots of lower jabs as well, those are very uncomfortable.

Best moment this week? Nursery is done! And I love it. We are also now completely ready for little man to arrive. Also, the sonogram turned out to look fine, so we are now expecting a healthy baby!
Food Cravings? Still nothing.

Belly button in or out? It's not totally out, but it's not really in, either. I don't know, my belly button is weird.
Milestones? Finishing the baby's room. I really didn't think it would be done in time.

Labor Progress? None that I know of. 2 weeks ago, they confirmed that his head had dropped and he is in position and that my cervix was getting soft but no dilation. Last week, they didn't check, said there was no need to check every week and disturb anything going on. Hopefully, they will check this week.

Weekly Wisdom? Baby steps and patience. No matter what you do, you have to except that the baby is coming on his own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment