Sunday, June 20, 2010

39 weeks

This feels like an endless journey now. I really thought I would go this weekend. I even wake up in the night making up contractions, hoping that everything is a contraction. And nothing is. He has completely ran out of room in my belly and is taking up space anywhere he can find it. Which makes me the most uncomfortable. I feel like I am carrying a toddler in my belly. I dread bed time, because I can only sleep sitting up. And that is usually for 30 minutes at a time. To top all this off, my dog broke my toe yesterday. So I am hobbling around, which sucks.  I want to take a long walk to get him moving. I have laundry to do.

At this doctors appt this weekend, I am asking for a means to an end. (if you think about it, I have every right. 3 weeks ago and he was pushing 7 pounds, he could be 25 pounds at this point!)  If asking doesn't work, I am begging, threatening, at worst case, attaching myself to the bed and not leaving. He has to exit this week.

How far along are you? 39 Weeks


Total Weight gain/loss? Still 156 pounds. (which is up 28 pounds)

Stretch marks? Nope:)

Baby Movement? Small movements, he has nowhere to go. He favors my left side, and loves my ribs.

Best moment this week? Really, I think when you are down this far, there is no favorite moment. If my water was to break, that would be a favorite moment! But since I have to pick one, I would say receiving Sophie! Someone bought me (or actually him) Sophie and I love her!

Food Cravings? Sweets and fruit. I don't want regular food, just fruit or ice cream.

Milestones? 39 weeks.

Labor Progress? 1 centimeter, some cramping. But nothing else. Oh, and spicy food, pineapple, raspberry ice tea, and bumpy roads do NOT make you go into labor.
Weekly Wisdom? Stolen from the last question, nothing is going to make you go into labor unless your body is ready.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe the doctor will hear my pleads this week and work some voodoo magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment